questions & answers guide
What is GMO?
Genetically modified organisms have been artificially manipulated for agricultural requirements.
What does Hypoallergenic mean?
Lower risk of unfavourable reactions such as gut upsets, irritated skin and poor coat condition.
Why does a dog need a high protein source?
The traditional prey model diet is based on a source of high protein fresh meat. Dogs may be omnivores, but they rely heavily on protein to help them survive and thrive. Protein contains essential amino acids that are crucial to the process of cell production. Without enough protein in their diet, dogs can develop a host of health problems. Protein helps build and repair muscles and other body tissue.
Why is a single protein source helpful?
Single source protein foods can be used as an elimination diet to help diagnose potential food allergies and intolerances due to the limited high-quality ingredients in the product.
What is a superfood ingredient and why is it helpful?
Superfoods are foods — mostly plant-based but also some fish and dairy — that are known to be nutritionally dense and thus good for health. Superfoods such as kale provide a selection of essential nutrients in a single, easily digested package.
What ingredients help with the dog’s sight?
A range of Vitamin E, taurine and full of seasonal fruit & vegetables.
What ingredient promotes high energy for dogs?
1. Easily digested and palatable sources of fat including coconut oil.
2. Highly digestible sources of carbohydrates such as tapioca and potato
What is the source of Omega 3 fatty acids?
The source of EPA and DHA in Phoenix is the added marine fish oil
Why are EPA and DHA important for eye health?
1. The eye cells and membranes are rich in EPA and DHA
2. DHA is required for the normal development and function of the eye, in particular the retina
3. Omega 3 fatty acids appear to have a role in protecting the eye from retinal disease
What ingredients help with the dog’s memory?
Foods rich in DHA can improve short-term memory and learning abilities.
Why is Grain Free helpful to dogs?
1. Less risk of intolerance and digestive upsets.
2. Includes more digestible sources of carbohydrates.
3. No filler’s, just nutrient dense quality ingredients.
Have more questions about our product, get in touch with us here at Phoenix Pet Food.